Governmental and Non-Profit Organizations
- Heat Zone Maps - The American Horticultural Society
- Heat Zone Maps - The American Horticultural Society heat 12 zone maps indicate the average number of days each year that a given region experiences "heat days"-temperatures over 86 degrees (30 degrees Celsius).
- National Gardening Association
- National Gardening Association - National Gardening is passionate about gardening. They feel that gardening, on any scale and in any environment, enriches lives. "In short, National Gardening still believes that gardening can, quite literally, save the world."
- NatureServe - "A source for authoritative conservation information on more than 50,000 plants, animals, and ecological communities of the United States and Canada."
National Wildlife Federation's
- National Wildlife Federation's Operation Habitat
- National Wildlife Federation's Operation Habitat - "NWF's Backyard Wildlife Habitat™ program has certified over 27,000 backyards with some in every state of the nation. Using this site, you can get involved in this exciting program in just a few minutes. Learn how to certify your backyard, school, workplace or community. You can even certify the balcony of your apartment or a rooftop deck."
Native Plants - Links to Wildflowers
- USDA Gardening
- USDA Gardening - A searchable web site that provides reliable, research-based information on a wide range of subjects.
- WindStar Wildlife Institute
- WindStar Wildlife Institute - Learn how to attract more wildlife to your property. Certify your habitat and become a Certified Wildlife Habitat Naturalist.
- USDA Organic Farming Page
- Interested in organic agriculture? Whether you're a small-scale farmer or backyard gardener, there are a variety of crops to sow including tomatoes, cotton, grapes, flowers, potatoes, corn, peaches and cucumbers.
- National Garden Club
- National Garden Clubs
National Garden Clubs, Inc.
Home page of 50 State Garden Clubs and the National Capital Area, 7,183 member garden clubs and 221,943 members. Includes links by topic and links to state garden clubs, information on floral design, book reviews, and more.
- Master Gardeners Index
- Master Gardeners
American Horticultural Society.
Provides links to state Master Gardeners web sites. Master Gardeners train with university cooperative extension staff and then share their expertise as community workers.
- American Public Garden Association.
- Botanical Gardens and Arboreta
American Public Garden Association.
Features awards, books, events, Q and A, internet community and links, master garteners, youth gardening, and information about the American Horticultural Society and its River Farm.
Check out this Ebook -- Design
tips and ideas to help you to create a sacred sanctuary in your own